Activities, Motivation and Creativity - for Dementia
If you want to learn how to bring joy, laughter and fun to the lives of those you support with dementia by using meaningful and stimulating activities, then this one day course is for you.
The aim of this course is to help you develop an understanding of the potential benefits of engaging individuals with dementia in a range of activities and explore how they can be introduced at differing levels of ability. The focus is on wellbeing and the importance of activities on the individual’s mindset and health and you will be encouraged to explore, adapt and develop a range of therapeutic activities.
Benefits Of Attending
- You will be able to understand the benefits of therapeutic activities for individuals with dementia
- You will have an awareness of the person-centred activities that promote the well-being of the individuals you support
- Gain the skills to identify and adapt activities to meet individual abilities and needs
- You will be able to demonstrate how to plan, implement and evaluate activities
What This Course Covers:
- Therapeutic activities for individuals with dementia
- Theories of motivation
- Dementia and its affect on skills and abilities
- Person-centred approaches
- Planning, implementing and evaluating activities
- Documentation and accessible resources
- Relevant CQC requirements and legislation
Who should attend
This course is aimed particularly at those working in activity provision i.e as an Activity Coordinator, but is also equally suitable for those working in a range of care settings including residential care homes, domiciliary agencies, day centres and sheltered housing organisations.
If you are a Personal Assistant, family member/friend or volunteer who cares for someone with dementia then you may also find this course useful.
Previous experience is not necessary - just a passion for caring approaches and a desire to make a positive difference to the lives of the individuals you support.
Upon completion of the full day course, attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
How to Contact us1. Call 0114 2472772
or2. Complete the Enquiry Form below: