Care Certificate Assessor Training
Full day (6 hours)
The course equips nominated assessors* with the skills and knowledge needed to assess candidates against the standards in the Care Certificate. Attendees will explore the content of the Care Certificate, the different assessment methods needed for candidates to complete the Certificate and their own role in assessing the Certificate.
Benefits of Attending:
- Practical workshop with an experienced assessor to gain the knowledge and tools to assess candidates confidently
- Leave the session armed with a variety of resources to use back in the workplace
- Ensure assessments are fair and consistent
- Know how to accurately document assessments that have taken place (important for inspections)
- Promotes teamwork across the organisation
- Free access to online resources after the course has finished
- Phone and email support from the team after the course has finished. We welcome any questions.
What will it cover?
- The requirements of the care certificate
- The content of the care certificate
- The areas that nominated assessors will need to assess
- Different assessment methods
- How to ensure assessments are fair and consistent
- How to document assessments and make safe assessment decisions
*The nominated assessor is anyone who is deemed occupationally competent by the manager of the organisation to assess competence in the workplace against the standards of the Care Certificate. An organisation can have more than one nominated assessor and each assessor can assess individual standards based on their own competencies. However, it is the Registered Manager who has the overriding responsibility to award the new to care staff member with the Care Certificate.
Who should attend this course?
Managers, deputy managers and senior care workers are encouraged to attend as all members of staff at these levels can take part in assessing the Care Certificate. Previous assessor experience isn’t required.
How to Contact us1. Call 0114 2472772
2. Complete the Enquiry Form below: