Emergency First Aid at Work
Full day (6 hours)
This one day course will give you the knowledge needed to handle emergency situations, i.e. an accident or sudden illness, at work or out in the public, and you will gain the skills to be able to assess the situation and give emergency first aid to the casualty or casualties.
This course meets the requirements of the HSE and helps employers meet their legal obligations.
In addition to First Aiders, your workplace may also require Emergency First Aiders who can deal with emergency situations that happen suddenly at work. Emergency First Aiders can support designated First Aiders so this course would be ideal for any staff wanting to have a part in this important role and who can be called upon to aid in an emergency situation.
Benefits of attending:
- Practical course giving you the chance to try many hands on activities including CPR, the Heimlich manoeuvre and how to use a defibrillator
- You will know how to manage and handle an emergency or sudden accident
- You will understand how best to communicate with the casualty in a calm and reassuring way
- You will be certified as an Emergency First Aider for 3 years
- Fun yet knowledgeable face-to-face training with an expert where you can ask questions and discuss real life scenarios
- If you’re an employer, it will ensure you and your staff are meeting HSE requirements and may prevent any prosecutions
- Improve the recording of incidents and accidents in line with regulations in the workplace
What this course covers:
- The role and responsibilities of the emergency first aider
- Communication with a casualty
- Assessing situations and circumstances including;
- Heart attack
- Bleeding control
- burns and scalds
- Recovery Position
- Foreign objects
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone wanting to learn life saving skills and who want to know what to do in emergency situations.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive certification that lasts for 3 years.
Minimum recommended refresher frequency
How to Contact us1. Call 0114 2472772